Alright, here's a quick peek into what's going on in my life right now:
* What you should be most pleased to know: I'm also working on a blog post about the rotation I just finished, namely "ambulatory internal medicine." It was a lot of fun, and I have some great stories!
* It's hard to believe that my daughter is over 2 months old already, but boy is she growing fast! The giggly girl can roll from her belly to her back, and she can scoot herself all over the place...it's scary to think how soon she'll be crawling! My amazing wife always makes sure to take pictures and video...here are a couple:
* Ariel's big brother, Charlie, is sure growing up fast as well. I heard a Brad Paisley song the other day on the radio, and asked my wife to put some pictures of Charlie and me to it. Of course, she did, cuz she's awesome like that:
* School-wise, on Monday I will be starting my "subinternship" month, where I will be doing general medicine in the hospital, and supposed to be acting at the level of an intern. It's scary to have that much responsibility on my shoulders, especially knowing how much I don't know! Sure I'll have people to back me up, but I'm just hoping I don't have to rely on them too much.
* In 6 days, it will be time for me to submit my application to residency programs. This is being quite stressful! I think I know all of the programs I'm going to apply to, but my application is far from complete. I am mostly applying to family medicine, but I am also applying to a combined family medicine/psychiatry program. Thus, I have to write two different personal statements, both of which stink right now. The deadline is fast approaching!
* I'm also working on finalizing my fourth year schedule. It's really hard to believe that graduation is in just 9 months. I will be doing at least one, probably two, "away rotations" back in my home city of Sacramento. These are opportunities for me to see the hospitals that I'm applying to for residency, so I can get a really good idea of what I like and don't like about each one. It will also be a good opportunity for our family to get back "home", grandparents to see grandkids, and all that.
* Which brings me to the fact that we will be moving a month from now...cross-country. 2 adults, a 3 year old and a 3 month old, and 2 dogs. We will stay in California for about 3-4 months, and then we will have to come back to Ohio for 3-4 months so I can finish out my rotations here. Then hopefully we'll be moving back to California AGAIN for residency (Match Day is March 17, 2012!!)
ALL this to say...there's a lot going on right now! I'll update this as I can, but obviously, that's going to be a bit far in between. I really appreciate all who read and respond to my blog posts...it's really nice to know people enjoy the stories! Take care.